Best Small Umbrella For Travel in 2021
Repel Umbrella Windproof Double Vented Travel Umbrella with Teflon Coating (Black)
Repel Umbrella Windproof Travel Umbrella with Teflon Coating (Gray)
- AUTOMATIC, COMPACT, AND LIGHTWEIGHT - Auto open close function allows for easy one-handed operation. Measuring just 11.5" long and weighing less than 1lb the folding handheld umbrella is extremely packable in purses, briefcases, backpacks, luggage and more.
- WIND-DEFYING, DOUBLE VENTED, 9-RIB CANOPY - Most small or mini umbrellas are made of 6 or 8 aluminum ribs but Repel is fortified with 9 resin-reinforced fiberglass ribs and a vented double canopy that flex slightly to withstand powerful gusts without turning inside out.
- SUPERIOR REPELLENCY - Waterproof, weatherproof and instantly dry, the foldable and durable Repel Travel Umbrella defends against the elements like nothing else.
- QUALITY WORKMANSHIP - Designed with a three-fold chrome plated black metal shaft, and strong metal frame to allow for greater stability in high winds. The ergonomic, slip-proof, and rubberized grip handle with wrist strap allow for easy carrying. A protective travel sleeve is included. Perfect for men, women, teens and kids.
- WORLD RENOWNED AND CRITIQUED - Featured on Good Morning America, Rated by Wire Cutter as the Best Umbrella in 2019.
Yoobure Small Mini Umbrella with Case Light Compact Design Perfect for Travel Lightweight Portable Parasol Outdoor Sun&Rain Umbrellas
- 🌂COMPACT TRAVEL UMBRELLA - This small light mini purse umbrella weighs only 0.5 lbs, and that includes the waterproof case.
- 🌂STURDY & WINDPROOF UMBRELLA - The frame is a silver aluminum shaft and comes with fibreglass rib meaning the umbrella won't break for strong winds. The Yoobure Travel Umbrella is great choice for you when traveling.
- 🌂99% UV PROTECTION - An extra layer was added to form this UV umbrella in order to provide UPF 50+ protection which blocks 99% of UV rays. Additionally, this extra layer of UV protection will help you feel much cooler than other umbrellas when it is sunny and hot outside!
- 🌂WATERPROOF CASE AND IDEA GIFT - The mini umbrella comes with a stylish waterproof case that is only 7 inches long. Perfect gift for Men,Women, kids and students, parents, friends, colleagues ,lovers.
- 🌂LIFETIME GUARANTEE - If you don't love your umbrella for any reason then just return it for a full refund. Or, we'll replace it if you have any problems.
EEZ-Y Windproof Travel Umbrella - Compact Double Vented Folding Umbrella w/ Auto Open and Close Button
- OUTSTANDING PROTECTION FOR BAD WEATHER! Other umbrellas flip in the wind & break immediately, but not the EEZ-Y Travel Umbrella! Made with a vented Double Canopy, this umbrella allows the wind to pass through, minimizing the risk of flipping over & breaking in strong winds!
- AN UMBRELLA MADE TO LAST! Featuring a unique frame system, made of Premium Fiberglass and High-Quality Stainless Steel, this windproof umbrella does not rust or break. The strengthened Black Metal Shaft & 9 Fiberglass Ribs make it last for years to come!
- THE BEST PORTABLE COMPACT UMBRELLA your money can buy! You won’t find better durability in such a lightweight, small umbrella. It folds to only 11”, so it can fit your backpack or bag. Designed with a super water repellent fabric & slip resistant rubberized handle, it can manage even the worst of downpours!
- INSTANT RAIN PROTECTION! We believe ease of use is everything, that’s why our travel folding umbrella is fully automated, perfect for one-handed operation. Open & Close the umbrella with just a click of a button. No more struggling in the rain!
- WHAT'S BETTER THAN THE EEZ-Y WINDPROOF TRAVEL UMBRELLA? Only our top-notch Customer Service Program! We offer 24/7 support and guaranteed replacements, just in case you ever have an issue with your new umbrella. Better products and the best in customer satisfaction. That’s the EEZ-Y way!
PFFY 2 PCAK Compact Travel Umbrella Windproof Collapsible 10 RIBS Auto Open & Close Folding Small Umbrella Black + Blue
- 2 PACKS Travel Umbrellas: one umbrella for women and another one for men; one at home and another one in the car; one in the office and another one in the car; one for yourself and another one for your lover; or for gifts, one for your father and another one for your mother.
- Umbrella Windproof: 10-RIB Construction. Most small or mini compact travel umbrellas are made of 6 or 8 or 9 ribs, but PFFY umbrella is fortified with 10 resin-reinforced fiberglass ribs that flex slightly to withstand powerful gusts without turning inside out.
- High Quality: PFFY compact travel umbrella is almost unbreakable with a three-fold chrome plated metal shaft, and strong metal frame to allow for greater stability in high winds. Perfect for men, women, teens and kids.
- Automatic and Collapsible Umbrella: Auto open/close function is easy to use. Collapsible umbrella is easy to store in purses, briefcases, backpacks, luggage and more.
- Super Windproof and Waterproof Umbrella - PFFY Compact Travel Umbrella is Windproof, waterproof. The fabric which is made of 210T pongee is smoother, thicker and sturdier.
Lewis N. Clark Travel Umbrella: Windproof & Water Repellent with Mildew Resistant Fabric, Automatic Open Close, Black, One Size
- WATERPROOF & WINDPROOF: Teflon like coating repels water to keep you dry. Rated by the wirecutter as the best umbrella 2 years in a row, it survived being turned inside out 20 times in 30mph winds without breaking.
- COMPACT UMBRELLA: full size umbrella, Measuring 38-inch canopy with 16-inch arm length automatically opens/closes with a touch of a button, and folds down into a compact 11 inches.
- DURABLE: this sturdy umbrella is built to last! Constructed of metal ribs and a 3-fold, chrome-plated steel shaft, lightweight, flexible fiberglass tips, and rust and corrosion-resistant frame offers protection against both rain and wind.
- MILDEW-RESISTANT: quick-drying polyester with mildew-resistant protectant. Includes a mold-resistant storage sleeve to keep your handbag, duffel, tote or briefcase dry.
- : backed by a 1-year manufacturer (from date of purchase). If our umbrella fails you in any way the first year, let us know and we will replace it, free of charge
GAOYAING Compact Travel Umbrella Sun&Rain Lightweight Small and Compact Suit for Pocket Black
- 🌂Lightweight & Compact - Weight: 7oz, Length:6.9in. Mini design allows this umbrella to fit perfectly in your pockets and bags
- 🌂Upgrade Button Design - Easy to open and close by pressing the button without much strength needed
- 🌂An Ideal Gift - Perfect gift for Men, Women, students , parents, friends, colleagues and lovers
- 🌂Sturdy & Quality -Made of 6 ribs fiberglass and steel shaft aluminum alloy come with a metal shaft. They effectively withstand the strong wind without breaking
- 🌂Guarantee - A full refund or replacement warranty for Lifetime and lifetime technique support (This is only for YUI Galleria products, because other seller's products in this listing will not be as described on the website and maybe a trap)
Goothdurs Mini Travel Compact Umbrella â€“Small Lightweight Folding Sun Umbrella with 95% UV Protection for Men & Women
- [COMPACT &LIGHTWEIGHT UMBRELLA] – Are you still be tired of bring other bulky and heavy umbrella to everywhere you go? Goothdurs mini umbrella can solve your problem. This travel umbrella’s weighs only 7 oz and 6.7'' length when closed, yet it opens to form a large 34’’diameter coverage, fitting well in your purse, totes, handbag ,briefcase or kids backpack.
- [UPF 50+ & RAIN MATE ]- Black coating inside blocks 95% UV rays and 99% lights, protecting more than silver coating. The 210T Teflon material outside keeps rain off quickly and prevent it from be leaked. Goothdurs small umbrella works well both as sun umbrella for walking and rain umbrella.
- [STURDY & QUALITY UMBRELLA] - A five-fold chrome plated black metal shaft, 6 reinforced fiberglass ribs and strong metal frame to allow for greater stability in winds and no rust. Waterproof material makes rain falls directly from face.
- [DELICATE NO-BUTTON DESIGN] – Most customers who use other compact umbrella have their fingers injured by this button .To solve this problem, Goothdurs cute umbrella have upgrade it from button design to NO-BUTTON design to protect your fingers better.
- [PERFECT GIFT CHOICE] – Cute appearance , delicate design and useful function make this portable umbrella the best gift choice. If you are dissatisfied with our umbrella, please contact us and we will solve your problem immediately.
STROMBERGBRAND UMBRELLAS Spectrum Popular Style Automatic Open Close Small Light Weight Portable Compact Tiny Mini Travel Folding Umbrella for Men and Women, Teal Blue
- LIGHT, COMPACT, AND EASY TO CARRY. This umbrella opens to a 42" arc (38" diameter) and folds down to a small 15" length, so it's easy to take along with you when shopping, going to work, walking your dog, attending sporting events or for travel! Fits easily in your bag. Color coordinated case. Matching wrist strap on handle.
- AUTO-OPEN WITH RUBBERIZED HANDLE. Rubberized matte black coated handle has molded finger grooves for ergonomic comfort with the latest fashion touch. Handle won't slip when wet. Quick opening of the umbrella with an auto-open button.
- COLORS FOR EVERY OCCASION. Choose from 25 colors and color combinations!
- WATER AND FADE RESISTANT: Made from high quality, luxurious Polyester Pongee fabric with 190 threads per square inch. Frame is high quality chrome-plated.
Goothdurs Mini Travel Compact Windproof Umbrella - Small Folding Lightweight Sun & Rain Umbrellas with 95% UV Protection for Women Men
- COMPACT & MINI UMBRELLA - This travel portable umbrella is only 6.7-inch length, 8 oz weight yet opens to form a large 37"(not 34") canopy, fitting perfectly in your handbag, satchel, tote, EVEN in your pocket,etc. It is also an ideal gift for parents, friends, colleagues, lovers.
- UPGRADED WINDPROOF DESIGN - 8 reinforced fiberglass ribs with sturdy all metal frame and shaft make the canopy highly wind resistant for storms and the harsh outdoors,which is not easy to rust and more durable than other 6-ribs umbrellas. It can last against in winds up to 60 MPH, providing you security even in bad weather.
- UPGRADED WATERPROOF MATERIAL - The canopy of this purse umbrella is made of high-density 210T Teflon material which has waterproof, can instantly dry.Goothdurs small umbrella protects you in a drenching downpour with a high quality canopy coated with waterproof technology. Water won't soak through but instead beads up and bounces off, preventing the leakage you get with other umbrellas.
- 95% UV PROTECTION - An extra layer was added to form this parasol umbrella to provide UPF 50+ protection which blocks 95% of UV rays. In addition, this extra layer of UV protection will reduce your somatosensory temperature when you are under this umbrella,makes you feel cool !
- LIFETIME REPLACEMENT GUARANTEE - If you have any problem with our folding lightweight umbrella, please contact us and we will solve your problem immediately.
Emirates Air Economy Class ~ Packing Passengers like Sardines!
This airlines clearly optimizes every inch of cabin space when configuring their economy class cabin. Emirates packs in at least 50 seats more than other leading airlines... than means less space and comfort for passengers.
Past Experiences with Emirates:
It had been at least three years since I flew Emirates, but I always remembered them as "the airline with fantastic service!" Back then, my flights were only from Jakarta to Singapore and back, on barely-full cabins, and as such, what could go wrong? As a result, flying Emirates was always a very pleasurable event, even in Economy class. The flight attendants were truly charming as they really didn't have to work very hard serving 50 to 75 passengers!
Online Booking: Dubai - Mahe - Dubai
I started looking at their fares a few months in advanced, all the way to three months before our trip in August. The price never budged one Dirham. A four-hour flight, cost 4,100 AED or US$1,110. Flights from Dubai to the Seychelles are offered four times a week, once a day; therefore, careful planning is essential.
Booking Online was very easy, and I paid by credit card, and received our e-tickets in a matter of seconds.
~ Watch your Weight (your luggage, that is!)
Emirates weight allowances vary from region to region, and we were dismayed to find out two days before travel, that the allowance from Dubai to Seychelles was only one 20 kg bag (44 lbs), and one carry-on at 7 kg. Having flown Delta business class, we were entitled to three suitcases at 70 lbs a piece, but being conservative, we each brought two suitcases weighing 44 lbs each, but we obviously exceeded Emirates' weight allowance, by 40 kg.
Since we were in Abu Dhabi before flying to the Seychelles, we went in person to the Emirates office, and pleaded our "weight" situation with a very nice Customer Service person. She said only a manager could make an allowance, and that she would contact us in the next 24 hours. Otherwise, it was 18.00 Euros per each excess kilo. Indeed, they called us the next day and gave us an additional 20 kg per person, and since we were going to the Seychelles, they gave us an additional 10kg for dive equipment. That was very nice!
~ Check-in Area
Very chaotic with passengers with tons of luggage, such as huge cardboard boxes, everywhere!
We found the desk for our flight, and there were four, super-long queues. Fortunately for us, a fifth position opened up, and we didn't have to wait long!
Dubai- Seychelles Flight ~ Let's pack them like Sardines on a 777-200!
We flew during the high season, in mid-August, when all of Europe (OK, I'm exaggerating) is vacationing in the Seychelles. Since flights are not offered daily, and there is only one flight a day from Dubai to Mahe, you can imagine that both classes are fully booked... and don't even dream about getting a free upgrade!
If you're familiar with a B777-200, it is a big aircraft, and Emirates' configuration for that particular plane is: 42 business seats and 304 economy seats! Yes, sir, 304 seats! That's a lot of seats, conducive to packing the passengers like sardines!
Emirate's economy cabin seating arrangement is 3-4-3; so, we requested two isle seats, and we were basically sitting together, but without having to deal with who's sitting in the middle seat, etc.
The cabin was very clean and the seat upholstery in very good condition. The seats are small and just plain uncomfortable!
Emirate's 3-4-3 configuration (and 304 seats) means the cabin space is very tight, especially when the person in front of you decides to fully recline their seat, and if you have your tray table open; you'll barely have but a few inches to move around.
Most US airlines configure their B777-200 at 3-3-3 seats. Continental for example, offers a 3-3-3 configuration with 235 seats in economy class and 42 in Business, so clearly, the passengers have more space, even though it doesn't seem like it. Delta, configures their 777-200 at 50 business class seats and 218 economy seats, offering a little bit more room.
Americans: stop complaining about the tight seating conditions on our carriers!! It can be worse, fly Emirates!
~ But How's the Service?
Emirates has a tradition of excellent service and they have received many accolades for outstanding service throughout the years, for "Best Business Airline and Best First Class Service," but I didn't find records of any awards for "Best Economy class."
In my opinion, to test an airline's true commitment to service, one must fly in Economy Class; that's the real test!
On past flights, I found the Emirate flight attendants warm, friendly, smiley, and quite attentive. I think today things are a little different, and I observed that they do not go out of their way to help passengers, unless asked to. The attendants do what they are supposed to do, ensure passenger safety, assist passengers if needed, serve food and drinks.
I observed that the majority of the attendants performed their duties in a rather mechanical manner. And, don't even ask for assistance to put things in the overhead bin... their silent motto must be... "if you can't put it up there yourself, don't bring it onboard." Fair enough!
~ Quality of Food on both flights
No award-winning cuisine on either Dubai - Mahe - Dubai flights. The food was rather average, my lasagna (or something like that) tasted like cardboard, and the bread was rubbery.
~ Beverage Service
On the Dubai-Mahe route, there was one beverage service before the meal, during, and then, after the meal; the attendants went around asking if there was anything else desired to drink. Alcoholic beverages such as beer and wine were complimentary, as were soft drinks.
Emirate's 777-200 cabins have the famous ICE entertainment. Wouldn't you know it; I couldn't get mine to work! My husband's ICE worked and he was happy with it.
From Dubai to Mahe, the bathrooms were kept spotless and no complaints. From Mahe to Dubai, one of the bathrooms in our section was ruined when apparently someone got sick, but didn't notify an attendant. Of course, I had the displeasure of discovering the mess, and promptly notified an attendant. They sealed the door with a red sticker saying "out of service".
Return flight: Mahe - Seychelles
This is truly a red-eye flight, and we left Mahe at 12:50 am. This time, the aircraft was an Airbus 330-300, and the good thing about it is that seating configuration is much better, at 2-4-2, so this time we sat together! The seats are still crammed-in, as Emirates uses every inch of cabin space and go for maximum number of seats in Economy Class! This flight was also fully booked.
As soon as we had leveled-off, the crew started the dinner-service, with the beverage service right behind. The goal, I detected, was to feed the crowd, and get them to go to sleep, which is exactly what happened. Then, about 45-minutes before landing, they passed a sweet pastry with a choice of a hot beverage, juice, or soft drinks. We landed around 5:30 am.
The ICE entertainment was not enabled on this flight, so everyone just passed out after dinner.
Arrival in Dubai
We landed and taxied to a distant tarmac where several buses were waiting to pick-up passengers. The ride from the plane to the Arrivals building seemed endless.
A young woman traveling with her parents fainted in front of me and started having convulsions. Everyone froze, but her mother told everyone she knew what to do, and we just moved back and gave her space!. The driver radioed for help, and as soon as the bus arrived at the terminal, staff was waiting for them!
You'd think at this ungodly hour the Immigration lines would be short... not so!
Overall, Emirates is a good airline. Here are my praises and complaints:
* We were very pleased with the Emirate's Office personnel, how they granted us the extra weight allowance, etc.
* Planes are clean, and in good-condition. The staff for the most part is friendly, but not overly, as I had experienced in past years.
* The quality of the food left much to be desired, but then again, few airlines serve quality meals in economy class.
* The beverage service was very good, as they are not stingy and replenished drinks frequently, if you asked.
* My biggest complaint is the "cabin space" situation. It's obvious Emirates makes full use of the cabin by placing the maximum number of allowable seats, leaving the passenger with very little personal space!
Since I'm already on a roll, please allow me to grumble some more:
~ Partnership with other airlines
Emirates is a member of SkyTeam, and when I purchased our Emirates tickets online, I entered our OnePass membership numbers when prompted, and then again, at checked-in, we gave our OnePass numbers to the Customer Service person at Check-in.
We never received credit for the air miles flown on Emirates.
Emirates does NOT deposit miles flown into customer's partner airline account.
Emirates has several blackout periods (July to September), and other major holiday periods, so, flying free on this airline using partner miles is not easy!
~ Emirates Business Class at a glance
Since we had to walk through business class to exit the plane, I must say I was not impressed with the the size of their business class seats. Having flown business class on Delta, Continental, and South African Airways, the Emirate's business seats are smaller, and are "recline only" seats, as opposed to the "almost lie-flat" seats on business class on Delta or Continental, and flat seats on South African.
Recommend it? Well, if you can afford to fly in Emirate's premium class, you are more likely to enjoy (and even rave about) the "Emirates experience."
Otherwise, their economy class is cramped, seats are uncomfortable, the food is awful,but drinks are plentiful, the flight attendants are young, and most of them good-looking!!